Monday 2 May 2011

Goals and Awards

Ok, so my goals for the month of May are:

1: Finish Storms in Teacups edit, write synopsis, write cover letter and query letter.
2: Finish application for PhD programme.
3: Get If Life Gives You Lemons to 70,000 words in time for BuNoWriMo (Check it out here)
4: Stay on top of journalism work.

Now, one of things about the award I got yesterday is that it gets passed forward. So, the five blogs I think deserve the award are:

1: Allison M Simon. Not only does her blog talk about interesting things about writing, there's also some good stuff about movies and abstract topics like the Peter Principle. This is a really intelligent blog.

2: Laura at Chick Lit Love. She really works hard at making her content interesting and different from a lot of chick lit blogs out there, it's a really cheery site.

3. Princess of Procrastination. I love this blog, it's hilarious. If you're looking for a laugh (and to learn more about Taffs) then it's worth heading over here.

4: Alison DeLuca. Alison is going down the self-publishing route, and her posts on writing in general and being an indy author in particular are really interesting.

5: Kate Larkindale. Kate is a YA writer who works in the film industry, and who is refreshingly down to earth about life and writing. She also has some great tips.

Today is bank holiday Monday in Ireland. And it's sunny! Life is good.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award! And I'm excited to see that you are hoping to take part in BuNoWriMo! As part of the Burrow, it always tickles me when I see someone new taking up the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award! And I am honored to be in such a fantastic group. Allison and Kate are fantastic bloggers, and I'm off to check out the Chick and the Princess now.

    You rule, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the award, I'm really touched, especially this soon after the re-launch. Thank you so much! I'll blog it and link it back to you a little later on today.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention, Christine! I'm just thrilled someone is actually reading my blogs. :)

    I'm sorry to admit that I'm new to this, though. How does it work? I see Laura said she will link it back to you. Haha, what does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Allison: You don't need to do anything! If you want, you copy the image from my blog and post it on yours. Then, again only if you want to, you can pick other blogs that you want to pass the award on to. You don't need to do anything with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Thanks so much for the BuNoWriMo shout out! Looks like an ambitious May, but you can do it! Congrats on the award too--looks like a great list of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow!

    That's so cool. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so good about setting a goal for the month. I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got lots to do today, but first I'm going to check out Princess of Procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the blog award. And good luck on finishing your edits, query, and synopsis. I'm in the same place for May. :D

    ReplyDelete