Saturday 4 June 2011

How was my day? Honestly, I've had better.

Today was a mixed bag of a day. It started off well, because it's a bank holiday in Ireland this weekend. So straight away that puts me in a good mood. And the sun is shining, so that's another plus.

Unfortunately, I'm really not feeling well today. I can't complain really, because my fibromyalgia has been fairly quiescent lately. They upped the dosage of my meds and I've been feeling really good. I've had lots of energy, and my mobility has been very good. This is somewhat of a mixed blessing, as I find little old ladies are much nicer to me when I'm using a walking stick. They tell me things at the bus stop, things that little old ladies seem to intuitively know. Like why the postal system is bad in our area right now, and what's going on in the private lives of our neighbours. One in particular told me that the bus system is getting worse in our area because the government our secretly selling our buses to the Russians...you heard it here first.

So while I had loads of things planned to do today, most of them fell through. Though I went to my favourite cafe with my husband and sketched down some rough idea for Ravensborough edits which was kind of productive. Bunowrimo took a back seat today, but I hope to catch up next week. I went to a production of Joseph and The Amazing Technicoloured Dreamcoat with my in-laws, which was awful, unfortunately. The pain got worse during it, so my husband and I had to grab a taxi straight home.

I'm a bit down about the pain. It just seems relentless, I've been in pain everyday for two years now. But when I get really bad, like tonight, I start to get scared that the pain won't die back down. Or that I'll deteriorate to the point where I can't write any more.

Anyway, enough pessimism. I have a job, a hobby I love, a fabulous husband and great family and friends. That should be enough for most people.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good day! :( I hope it gets better!! And it's always good to remember the good things at the end of the day.

    Hey, do you have an email address that I can send you a little of my novel too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better... sending you loads of positive happy pain-free vibes! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, hope you feel better soon. I had a :( day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your feel better soon, and on a bright side you do get to see other perspectives. I always wondered where our buses went to! :p

    Hope you're doing okay, all the best.

    P.S. For random giggles to cheer you up, this always makes me laugh :)
    http://the-scribes-ass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to keep reminding myself of all the good things I have, too. Hope you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry the pain messed up your free day :( Though I can't pretend to know how you feel, I do remember having immobilizing cramps all through high school... that only struck on weekends. I'd be fine ALL week, but the second i had a free day I'd find myself curled up in bed trying not to breath. Murphy's Law in action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tag! You're in...Tag! You need to come over to my blog...http://katelarkindale.blogspot.com/2011/06/tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Krista: Thanks so much! I left a comment on your page with my email address.
    @Talli: Thank you, you're so sweet!
    @Siv: Thanks, hope today was better for you x
    @Claire: Thanks for the tip, the blog is very funny :)
    @Alleged Author: Yep, I'm feeling a bit better today. Thank you!
    @L'Americana: Illness that only hits you on your days off, that has to be the worst type of sickness. Hope you're better now though.

    ReplyDelete