Monday 6 June 2011

Virtuosity

I didn't even know that virtuosity was a word...you learn something new everyday. I am feeling especially virtuous because, despite the fact that it is a bank holiday in the Emerald Isle today, I actually did some work. I edited more of Storms in Teacups, a job that is proving so arduous it could have been one of the ten tasks of Hercules. But, I also got to read the opening chapter of a novel by my friend Krista, which was much more fun. It was so engrossing and well-written that I may have to hack into her hard drive to retrieve the rest of it. Don't worry, I'm only joking. I don't know how to hack.

Anyway, I have a busy week ahead so I'm going to settle down and read a Cathy Kelly book to unwind. Then I'm going to sit down with my husband and watch the latest instalment of Game of Thrones. Is anybody else watching it? It's brilliant stuff. It's nice to be able to watch a period drama as a historian without being irritated by inaccuracies. The wonders of fantasy! I especially love Daenerys and Tyrion Lannister. I may have an espresso martini too, which takes a little of the shine off me being virtuous, but hey, it is a bank holiday weekend.

Hope everyone else is having a happy Monday ;)

7 comments:

  1. I have Game of Thrones in my book pile, but haven't started it yet. Looking forward to it though. Good luck with your busy week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to wait for the DVDs for the Game of Thrones. i don't have the channel that it is being shown on right now! However, the fact that Sean Bean is in it, is enough alone for me to want to see it, plus it is fantasy! But really! Sean Bean!!!! He is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for writing on a holiday, wow, that's dedication. An expresso martini, huh? Sounds strange yet exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the TV show but read the book. The world-building is incredible, layers of intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could send you the whole thing if you like! :) And don't worry, I can't hack either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading the Game of Thrones series right now and it's fantastic so far. I really, really want to see the TV adaptation, but I don't have TV (we use a projector to watch movies) and it's not available for online streaming. I'm glad to hear that it's good though :)

    (p.s. sorry all these comments are so late. I'm not sure what I did, but I *think* I may have fixed my commenting problem)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Caitlin: It's cool! I'm going to be doing it the other way around, I'm watching the series then I'll read the book. When we've both completed the process we can compare notes! (P.S. Isn't Daenerys amazing?)

    ReplyDelete